A Message from the Principal
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
On behalf of the staff at Edward B. Cole Sr. Academy, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! My name is Kimberly Saguilan and I am very excited to introduce myself as the new principal of Edward B. Cole Sr. Academy. I am honored to serve the EBC family, which is known for its dedication to excellence to family, school, and community. I have worked as a teacher, teacher coach, principal, and as a director of curriculum and instruction. I am currently working on my doctorate and will be finishing shortly.
I am looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. I recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. I know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and I want you to know that together we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. I ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
The wonderful EBC Academy staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.